I could write an essay about this holiday, so instead I'll sum it up with a photo diary (believe we took enough!), with a quick list of "must's" for whilst you are there.
Puri Gangga Resort - A little slice of heaven in the jungle
A cycle through the local rice fields
Cycled on to the local town of Sebatu
When in Ubud…
Anomali coffee break (one of many as there are lots of great coffee spots in Ubud)
Ubud Market. Fantastic for arts, crafts and jewellery
Gunung Kawi Temple (righ beside our hotel in Udud)
Tegalalang Rice Terraces
Hindu Purification in Sebatu. Incredible experience!
Boutiques in Seminyak
Motel Mexicola. Can my house look like this please?
La Lucciola - Beautiful dinner with an equally beautiful view of Petitenget beach
That Seminyak sunset
Breakfast at The Fat Turtle
A day at the beach in Vamastyle
Lunch at Sisterfields. So. Good.
Potato Head Beach Club. It's not just all about the cocktails. Yummm!
Sunset on the beds at Potato Head
- The Puri Gangga Resort, Ubud
- cycle around old villages and rice fields in the Ubud countryside, for a real feel for Bali life without the busy tourism
-Visit Ubud town to wander the intricate streets, markets and art shops
- YOGA! A Cliche, but the ambiance and views make for the most relaxing and rewarding downtime
- Visit a Temple and have a sarong made. There's lots of temples so this will happen more than once
- Immerse yourself in the culture and have a Hindu Purification. Undoubtedly one of my highlights
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces. A tourist haven but definitely worth a look as it's pretty breathtaking!
- Hit the beach! Bali is home to the most beautiful beaches in the world so make the most of it!
- And on that note…Surf. I wish I could surf…but if you do, this cannot be missed in Bali.
Food and Drink
- My notable spots in Ubud include Three Monkeys, Tatku and Anomali. (I want to try more, but time was scarce!)
- Seminyak has lots of dining options, and again with so little time, I missed a few gems but certainly had my fair share of good spots. I would recommend Motel Mexicola (night life included!), La Lucciola, The Fat Turtle, Sisterfields, Olive and of course, Potato Head Beach Club.
So to anyone planning a trip to Bali, have fun! I hope it pleases you as much as it did me (sooo when can I go back??).